Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Are They Ready For This?

On the Ranch

“Raul! Put that down!” Renee shouted.
Raul dropped the box of kitchen utensils.
“I’m just trying to help. I feel like a bump on a log just sitting watching everyone work. Even Leon is helping out.” Raul defended himself.
“I’ll give you a bump on your head if you rip out those stitches.” Renee threatened.
“You’ve been hanging out with Maddie too much.” Raul sulked.
Tansy let out a laugh, and exchanged a grin with Maddie.
She and Frank had arrived an hour before to help with the packing. Frank had tried to get the rest of his men to come out and help, but they had insisted on staying at the Education Center. “Someone needs to be here in case we get one of those surprise inspections everyone is talking about.” Many of them had argued.
Zoe stood on the counter and handed things to Trevor to put in boxes. “Uggg! This is heavy.”
“Let me get it. I don’t want you tearing any stitches either.” Renee said as she grabbed the stepstool to climb up in the counter.
Trevor stepped up so that Zoe could use his shoulder to balance herself as she sat down on the counter then hop to the floor.
“Whew! It’s hot.” Zoe commented.
They heard the sound of the truck as it rolled up behind the house.
“There are Shade and Matt. I hope they found good grazing for those cattle. We’re gonna need all the meat we can get.” Maddie stated.
“I’m sure he found something.” Zoe smiled, as Matt and Shade both walked into the house.
“Hi Mom.” Matt said bending and brushing a kiss on Maddie’s cheek. “What do you want me to pack?”
“Finish packing your room, and then we’ll hit the pantry.” Maddie ordered.
“Yes ma’am.” Matt snapped a salute and headed upstairs.
Ryan and Becca walked in the kitchen. “We finished with the dining room. What next.”
“I need someone to help me hose out the semi trailer and hook up the horse trailers to vehicles that can pull them.” Shade said quickly before Maddie could assign them to another task.
Maddie nodded. “Ok. I guess I have been hogging all the help. I’ll give you Becca and Ryan.” She winked at her husband, causing Ryan and Becca to giggle.
Hugging Becca to his side, Ryan said “I hope we’re like you guys after we’re umph!” Ryan rubbed his stomach where Becca had elbowed him.
“Let’s get to work.” She said and headed for the door.



- Zags
__________________________________________________________________


On the Ranch

“Ok Becs. What’s going on?” Ryan demanded.
“Could you turn the water on please?” Becca said her back to him.
“Rebecca! Tell me what’s going on!” Ryan demanded again.
“Don’t call me Rebecca. You know I hate my name.” Becca whirled on Ryan.
Ryan stepped back. “Sorry.” He looked confused. “Don’t you want to marry me?”
“Ryan….” Becca trailed off.
“What? Don’t you love me?”
“Yes…but….”
“But….” Ryan heard his voice quiver.
“Maybe we’re not supposed to get married.” Becca sighed.
“What?!” Ryan shouted.
“Ryan, don’t shout.” Becca whispered fiercely. “I don’t want anyone to hear.”
“Who? Who don’t you want to hear? Mo? Raul? Matt? Nathan? Who?”
Jealousy danced around behind Ryan, whispering, feeding his insecurity.
Doubt hung upside down from the top of the trailer and giggled as he whispered to Becca. Anger appeared and began to goad both of them.
“What is that supposed to mean?!” Becca shouted.
“YOU TELL ME!” Ryan shouted back.
“Oh! Just take your juvenile filthy accusations and leave me alone!” Becca shouted.
“No! I want to know what or who is going on!!” Ryan shouted back.
“HEY!!!”
Both Becca and Ryan jumped at Shade’s shout. “What are you two arguing about?”
“Nothing!” They both said in unison.
“Sounded like something to me.” Shade crossed his arms over his chest. He stood waiting for one of them to tell him what was going on, but both kids remained stubbornly silent.
Finally giving up, Shade said. “I need someone to guide me as I back into the horse trailers.”
Becca tossed the garden hose to Ryan. “I’ll do it.” And she stomped out of the trailer.
She bumped into Shade as she hurried to get out of the trailer, but she didn’t pause or apologize.
“Ryan?” Shade asked.
Ryan just shook his head as he laid the hose down. “I need to turn the water on so I can hose the trailer down.” Ryan hurried past Shade and headed toward the faucet.
Shade couldn’t help but notice that both kids had tears in their eyes as they went past him.



- Zags
___________________________________________________________________


Mark stood in the corner of Andrew's office planning where he would put his desk and ordering supplies when he heard a gentle knock on the door. Andrew motioned for him to open the door and Jason stood waiting for permission to enter. He saluted the two men and Andrew said, "Come in Jason and have a seat. Thank you for getting all my files transferred and all the hard work you and Lt. Henson put into readying my office for my return. By the way, how was your trip home and how is your sister?"
Jason fiddled with his hands and answered, "You are welcome, sir. We did the best we could getting everything in its proper place. My sister is being taken care of very well and thank you for asking, sir. My trip went very well and I appreciate Lt. Henson allowing me to go."
Mark raised his eyebrows at Andrew and a quirky smile crossed his face, "Jason, we will have a couple of projects for you to handle over the next few weeks. I will need a desk, filing cabinet, and other supplies that need to moved into this office, say....maybe by tomorrow or earlier if possible. I have taken the liberty to draw up a list of supplies that I will be needing, too," Mark said handing the list to Jason.
Jason looked at the list and said, "I will get right on it, sir."
Andrew looked up from his desk, "You are dismissed. If you have any questions regarding Mark's requests, please let us know. Get Lt. Henson to help you find the supplies on the requisition."
Jason saluted the two men and left the room. As soon as the door was shut Mark slapped the side of his leg, "We've got him. He set himself up perfectly. Guess he forget we are in contact with Sam and his lie would eventually come out."
"Like the Anti-Christ the great deceiver, Jason has trapped himself in his lie. I would rather take care of this monster as soon as possible. I need to talk to Lt. Henson about keeping a watchful eye on him. In the mean time, I need to get a few reports finished so it appears I'm still doing my job," Andrew said.
"No doubt. I think it is time for lunch. Do you want something from mess?" Mark asked.
Andrew laughed, "Mess is right and I think I will pass for right now. I will pick up something later at the officer's lounge."
"Oh, now you're pulling rank on me again. I see how it is," Mark saluted Andrew and went in search of something to eat.
Andrew switched on his computer and logged into his secure email account to see if Jerome had left him any emails. Nothing. He then checked the flight schedules and what had been going on at headquarters since he had been gone. The disgusting pictures of the Captain who sank the Star Fleet receiving his medal of honor turned Andrew's stomach, but he knew there would be more of this to come. "Father, give us the strength to endure. I ask that Your hand of protection be with us for a while longer," Andrew silently prayed.

- P4H
__________________________________________________________________

Bud and Kerri half carried Sam as they walked down the steep incline. They were all emotionally spent after the death of Steven then the encounter with the robed men. Bud looked over at Kerri and shrugged his shoulders, "Sam, I think you need a very long rest after what has happened. I understand this is just a taste of what the future will bring, but it is sure hard to take one blow after another and still be strong. What you did up on the hill took a lot of courage. God has blessed you in a mighty, mighty way."
Sam's voice was weak when he answered, "I didn't do anything. God was the one who took care of those that were going to make me their sacrifice. He showed them His power and that He and He alone is still in control."
"We now have to bury our good friend. What happened in town had nothing to do with what was happening on that hilltop so now we have to figure out who was responsible for Steven's death. Now I'm worried that there are more like those crazies and we will have to constantly watch our backs," Bud remarked.
Kerri shook his head in agreement, "It will be much harder to work in the garden now, but I think we have enough material to extend our security system out a little further. Bud, you think we might try to do that real soon?"
Bud thought about it and replied, "I think we can get it done without too much trouble. If not, we can ask MD to send us more material or I could probably rig up something."
Christina could see the men approaching and she ran to her husband. "Sam, are you alright? You look as if you've seen a ghost."
"Maybe I have, dear. I'll tell you all about what just happened, but first I think I need to rest a spell. You guys going to take care of Steven?" asked Sam.
"Yes, you get some rest and we'll handle everything. Christina, take your husband inside and make sure he gets some sleep," Bud assured him.
Christina gently put her arm around her husband and led him inside while Bud and Kerri followed close behind.

- P4H
_________________________________________________________________

The knife blade grows closer to his throat while the chanting increases in intensity. Blood red eyes pierce his gaze and his skin begins to crawl with anticipation of his death. He welcomes death because he will finally be in the presence of his Lord. He could hear his heart beat within his chest as the blade comes down. He closes his eyes and the face of Jesus appears and then disappears. His body was drenched in sweat as he tossed in his cot and he jerked awake suddenly remembering he had been saved a certain death. He pulled himself to a sitting position looking around the room trying to regain his bearings. A small quiet voice asked, "Sam, are you ok? I was afraid to wake you, but you didn't seem to be resting very well." Christina stood above him looking concerned and a bit unsure what to say or do for her husband.
"Sorry, I must have been dreaming about the incident on the hill. It has been a very rough 24 hours. I'm really sorry I didn't give you a proper greeting when we arrived," he said as he drew her down onto the cot.
He held her face in his hands and gazed into her eyes, "Christina, I love you with all my heart and haven't been myself, but I will try harder to be a good husband to you."
She put her fingers to his lips, "No, I understand and it's ok. You have had some really tough blows and anyone would have reacted as you did. Please don't worry about me. We knew when we married there would be tough times a head so don't you give it another thought."
He kissed her on the cheek and hugged her tightly, "Thank you for understanding. What is happening with the plans for burying Steven?"
She cleared her throat, "Bud and Kerri buried him this afternoon and we are planning a service here later today. He is with Jesus now so we are going to have a celebration and not mourn his loss. We will miss him, but we will all be with him one day. You have an email from Andrew, too. Mark will be here to get you and Amy in a couple of days. He said to let him know when you will be ready for another trip. Think they were giving you a little time to deal with Steven's loss."
"I need to answer his email. I'm curious why he wants Amy to go with me. It's good Mark isn't coming in the morning because we need some time together," he answered.
Christina nodded her head, "You do whatever you need to do and you and I can catch up any time. We made an agreement, remember? I love and support you in everything you do."
Sam again gave his wife a hug and smiled a weak smile, "Thank you. I love you."

- P4H
_________________________________________________________________

“Ahh we don’t have one, we are the security guards here. “ Bob said nervously
“Hmm, shooting rabbits out of season, using your service pistol for sport hunting, men the list could go on”
“Sorry sir, we are from Wyoming and out there we shoot rabbits for fun” Leon replied
How much ammo do you have left?” Sera 1 asked the startled men
“None, they only gave us 9 rounds each and we shot 9 rabbits apiece”
“So I see, nice shooting but what happens if you needed that ammo in case someone tried to break into this place?”
“Well I guess we would give them the keys and hope they don’t shoot us. Heck no one comes here anymore since that new guy became the world leader. Shame too, cause you can see for miles” Bob answered

“2 & 4 come on in”

Bob or Leon saw Sera 2 & 4 stand up and close in behind them. “Say are you Game Wardens” Leon asked, those are some fancy guns you have for being just a game warden, why Hank Peters back home just carries a Smith 38”

“Well since you asked no. We are US Navy Seals”

“No way… Really… Wow… Man I always wanted to be a Seal, tell me can you guys really swim 50 miles under water?” Leon asked

Laughing “No I don’t think even the best can swim that far, we can and have done some pretty amazing stuff though.”

“So are you guys part of the group that blow up the enemy forces down south?” Bob asked
Sera 1 didn’t say anything at first, if these two felt the new government was good they might make trouble. “We were down there”

“I can’t believe all them men just became the enemy over night, sometimes I don’t trust what the news says. Like this new so called world leader, who died and made him the boss?” Leon answered
“No you can’t believe too much what the news says now. Did you know that most of the fleet that they called the enemy was the US Navy they were not the enemy” Sera 3 spoke up
“Really, what we heard was a bunch of trouble makers and terrorist took over them ships.”
With the cat out of the bag, Sera 1 felt he better set these young men straight.

“No the men and women on those ships felt that each country should have their own independence like the US. One world government is just asking for trouble and what happens when the government starts treating the people bad? Who will protect the people?”
“That was my thinking, since all this had happen; Leon and I decided to come out here to see what the real world was thinking. Sad to say but many have a cloud over their eyes. We are heading back home where we have our protection and we know the land better then most. We will put up a fight.”
Sera 1 thought for a second and decided to toss something out, “tell me, I heard some say that God himself took all those people who disappeared, what your take on that?”

“He is a powerful God and he can do anything he wants, back years ago when I was going to church, I was taught he parted the red sea for the Jews and I recall the bible saying something about Jesus coming back and taking all the believers. Guess it could of happened, my aunt and her family disappeared and they were Godly people from the get go. Always tried to get me back in going but I guess I didn’t have time.” Bob replied

“Me too, I was raised in a church from a little boy but when my mom left us, dad didn’t make us go anymore. Bad reason to stop going but when you ten you do what is fun. I have a bible guess if it is not too late, I better read up on things” Leon added
“You said you have the key to this place?”

“Sure do, we are required to make sure the security system is working so we go in once an hour, look at the panel then leave.”
Looking at his watch, they had just over an hour before the sun rose. “We need you to show us how to shut down the system for about a half hour. One of my men and I will stay out here to make sure the place is secure. I promise no one will enter without going through us”

“OK what are you planning” Bob asked
“Something that hopefully everyone will see and remember the Bright Star Fleet and what it stood for.”

“Ahh, do we need to clear out of the area?” Leon asked thinking the whole place might blow up.
“It would probable be a good thing if you two quit your job early and head back home. Once the people see this, questions will be asked.”
“Hmm, well let’s get the system off and then we are out of here. Say you all hungry, we were going to have rabbit” Leon asked

“No thank you, after we get our job done we are heading out as well, this place could be a hot spot very fast.”
Bob and Leon took two of the Seal Team members to the side door. After opening it, they punched in a code that shut down the alarm system.
“OK guys it’s all yours, you boys be safe” Bob said
“Will do, you guys get home and study your bible, I got saved just two days ago” Sera 3 announced as he took the keys.
The two men went outside and shook hands with Sera 1 and 4 they then grabbed their stuff and headed for their boat they had tied up at the pier. “I wish we could stick around to see what they plan to do” Leon said

“Me too, but like they said it would be best if we are not around, beside, if it’s anything that big, we will hear about it and maybe see it on TV.” Bob replied
“That is true, let’s get going”

This left the Naval Seal team on Liberty Island, home of one of the best know monuments is the history of the United States.



- Alex
__________________________________________________________________


Abdul stood on the banks of the mighty river staring at it's waters. I wish that the Lord would change this blood back into water, he mused to himself. Blood....blood.... funny that I haven't noticed any lately....maybe I haven't been paying close attention to it....I wonder if the two witnesses commanded this plague upon this area....no we won't go there........I wonder if...are those waters still blood? He looked closely at it's waters. They sparkled bright and clear in the sunlight.

"Hey, sir, come over here! The water is clear!" Abdul shouted with all his strength at a passerby. The passerby ran towards Abdul and stared in amazement. He knelt down, and cautiously plunged a hand beneath its cleansing stream. Satisfied, he withdrew a very clean, wet hand from the river.

"That is just amazing," said the passerby in an awed tone. Suddenly, he let forth such a shout that Abdul nearly lost his balance. "See what Potentate Angyros has done! The Potentate changed the blood into water!" The screeching passerby ran down the street yelling his news to all within earshot.

Abdul sighed heavily and groaned to the Lord, Oh, God! Jehovah! Open their eyes to the Deceiver's true identity before it is too late. May you get the praise and glory for this miracle, not the Deceiver, Lord.

Soon a number of very drunk men issued out from barrooms and staggered down the streets hollering and whooping. Shop keepers shut up their shops in advance of the gathering crowd. The honest people of Mosul refused to believe the tidings that reached their ears.

"How can blood instantly be changed to water," many scoffed. "There is no man alive that is powerful enough to repeal a curse of the gods." Not many noticed the darkening sky or the rain heavy clouds covering the area.

Pandemonium reigned in the city. Riots, and large assemblies of people were much dreaded by the honest populace who barred their windows and doors and hid in the cellars of their houses, half expecting to hear their very houses to crash on top of them.

A brisk wind whipped across city blocks and fluttered debris on wretched doorsteps. Large drops of rain began to fall on the crowd of rioters. The drops escalated into a downpour. At the end of the storm, there was no doubt in the minds of the town folk that the Potentate changed the blood into water, once and for all. However, little did they realize that far greater, worldwide plagues were yet to be experienced.

- KBR
__________________________________________________________________

Over 2000 new converts stood in front of the witnesses singing in unison to the Messiah they had rejected so long ago. They cried tears of remorse and joy all at the same time. Remorse for what their ancestors had done and joy for the new life they had been given.

The two witnesses had called all the new converts from Isreal and Iraq to come to the wall. The witnesses planned on teaching them the way of the cross and what their Messiah had done for them during His short life on earth. Everyone was to arrive by sundown as the witnesses had also called for a Daniel fast to begin shortly thereafter.

Abdullah had just arrived from Nazareth with his family. They had all attended Sophies funeral earlier and had rejoiced to see the fountains flowing clear again.Adullah and Sophies family had all witnessed the conversion of the couple and had had the veil lifted off their eyes as well. They all lifted their hands in praise and dancing as they arrived.
No one seemed to notice that the Isreali military had casually begun to take up position not realizing there would be no trouble here at the wall unless they themselves started it.

The witnesses lay prostate on the ground lifting up their prayers to the One who had sent them. The sweet music of praise and worship could be heard all around. The Savior was working in the hearts of each newcomer as they arrived filled with a new purpose.

Lucifer was not happy. Sitting on top of the Dome of the Rock he grew angrier. He had tried to get near the converts and found he had been blocked by his creator who had become his arch enemy over the decades. He could not pentrate the area surrounding the wall. He lifted his head and screamed as loud as he could. In the earthly realm no one heard him but his enemy heard him loud and clear.

“The only way to get them would have to be in the natural”. He thought to himself. “I will go back to Teodor in the US and plant seed through my now growing army. With my help he will accomplish my will.” He stated his eyes growing red with uncontrollable anger he could feel rising to him out of the pits of hell. He screamed an agonizing scream one more time before he disappeared in a flash to seek out Teodor and anyone else along the way he might devour.


- Renee
__________________________________________________________________

Sam sat down at the computer to compose his email to Andrew, but his vision was blurred with tears so he leaned back in the chair to regain control of his emotions. He watched as Alexis prepared the music for Steven's memorial and Linda was busy searching passages in the Bible that Bud would read. He would miss Steven, but could be glad that he was now in a much better place free of all the turmoil that was on earth. He wiped the tears from his eyes and began his email to Andrew.

Andrew,
God's blessings to you. I will be ready day after tomorrow to make the trip to meet with you. I'm a little confused by the request to bring Amy with me, but I gather it has something to do with Jason. I do pray he has been behaving himself. It has been a rough time, but we are ready to rejoice in Steven's entrance into the realm of our Heavenly Father and Jesus. It was so difficult to grasp what happened to the Bright Star Fleet and for a moment I felt as though maybe I had led the enemy to them, but realize they had to have been already seeking them out long before I made the drop. I haven't heard from Jerome for quite a while so I pray he is doing well. Amy and I will be ready for Mark's arrival just let us know the time he is to arrive.

Your friend in Christ,
Sam

He sat back reading what he wrote and pushed the send button. Linda walked over to Sam and placed her hand gently on his shoulder, "Sam, I know this has been a most difficult time for you and we have all been praying for you."
He smiled at her, "Linda, thank you. We all need prayers if we are to keep our faith strong during these difficult times. I appreciate all you do for all of us."
Alexis joined them, "I think we are about ready for the service. Are you doing better, Sam?"
"I am doing as well as I can. Steven became a good friend and he will be missed by all of us, but this is going to be a time of celebration not mourning," remarked Sam.
They walked arm in arm outside to their friends and family waiting to walk to site they had chosen to have the services for Steven. Bud had placed the cross in a clearing where beautiful wild flowers covered the ground. Alexis began singing in her sweet angelic voice and all raised their heads to the heavens and joined in singing Amazing Grace. They began swaying and holding each other as the celebration continued for their good friend. Bud read a few scriptures that he knew were Steven's favorite. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Steven would have everlasting life with Jesus.

- P4H

No comments:

Post a Comment